Re: [LUG] Fab Lab Devon Update

On Fri, 2 May 2014, Simon Waters wrote:

Oh there was a tender document as well, if you have the skills to run some workshops etc, you probably also have the skills to find Tom Dixon and make it happen before the 8th May.

Interesting.

It has somewhat irked me that Tom seems to want to use LinkedIn for all communications. I may have been on a mailing list at one point, but I've not seen this email. I have emailed Tom personally about this and I understood that 2 people had been appointed after the last tender to build the two FabLabs in Devon (One at KEVICs school in Totnes, the other in Exeter Library), but there's been no information subsequent to this.

I did see that tender - stupid DCC bureaucracy, so I never bothered.

So I'm going to be a user of them now, nothing more. I'll wait for the announcement (if I ever see it) telling me they're up and running and how much it will cost me.

http://fablabdevon.org/

Appears to be their website, but there's not much there yet.

Gordon