Re: [LUG] firefox update

On 30/04/14 17:26, Matt Lee wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 12:17 PM, bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I mean, if you really felt
>> Firefox was somehow letting you down you'd use Chrome, IE or Safari
>> right? Right? Yeah, I didn't think so.
>
> I actually moved to Chromium a few years ago. Only now with my
> interest in Firefox OS, do I find myself back on Firefox occasionally.
>
> Firefox on Android is pretty nice though.

Fair point - I actually normally use Chromium (though definitely NOT
Chrome - obviously I don't trust Google) myself through a script and in
incognito mode for Tor browsing. Nothing could convince me to use the
full-fat Chrome version though, I'd rather use IE. Hell, I'd rather use
Netscape Navigator, Links or Mosaic rather than Chrome.

Firefox is a much better browser though, and as Chrome/Chromium don't
have proper noscript addons there is no way I'm changing.

To give Google some credit though, they correctly build multimedia
support against proper ffmpeg instead of the horribly broken libav that
Debian and Ubuntu so unwisely choose to package. This is why you'll have
the chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra package installed by default if you add
Chromium to your system.

Regards