Re: [LUG] Virtual Box Preserving Xp

On 28/04/14 16:09, Kevin Lucas wrote:
> On Sun, 2014-04-27 at 22:37 +0100, bad apple wrote:
>> On 26/04/14 15:34, Kevin Lucas wrote:
>>> On Sat, 2014-04-26 at 15:13 +0100, bad apple wrote:
>>> Yup if I was doing it for a living,
>>>
>>>  Does it Declutter and sysprep or just clone/convert?
>>> Its the convert that takes the time on an XP users disk.
>>
>> It (optionally) does all of these things and a lot more. It's kind of
>> *the* tool for the job, I'm amazed you're not already familiar with it
>> if you're already that used to P2V, sysprepping, etc.
>>
>> Regards
>>
> I did my MCSE 14 years ago but don't really keep up to date unless I
> have a problem to solve. So "used to" is not what I would describe
> myself as, more vaguely familiar.

Fair enough - if you're planning to do more than a couple of P2V
conversions in your future though, you'll probably want to do yourself a
favour by checking out that tool (and there are many others like it -
it's rapidly becoming a crowded market space with the rise of OpenStack,
Eucalyptus, and other virtual frameworks).

Don't worry about the MSCE, that's a red herring. VMWare P2V tool is
specifically aimed at Windows and Linux - it's not just crappy old
Microsoft boxes that need virtualising, there's more than enough crappy
old Linux boxes out there as well.

Regards