[LUG] OT: phone/ADSL woes

Nothing to do with Linux really, except that I'd like to get back online
with my Linux machine.

So our phone line has always been a bit noisy. Occasioanlly this caused
the connection to drop (especially when the phone rang), but it always
came back within a minute. Yesterday the phone rang and the connection
went down... and hasn't come back since.

ISP says the line is fine from their end and the BT quiet line test does
show a bit of noise. All of which suggests there's too much of noise on
the line and I need to call BT and tell them to sort it. Which I will
do.

But I am (probably naively) hoping there's something I can do in the
meantime, given that the line has, despite its problems, given us
Internet for six years. Something I can reset, something that might have
triggered the noise to become too much.

Any ideas?

Martijn.