Re: [LUG] Ranting about MS career (was Heartbleed is a Free Software win)

On 10/04/14 17:07, Tremayne, Steve wrote:
> "Russinovich joined Microsoft in 2006, when it acquired Winternals Software."
>
> I doubt he phoned them asking for a job though... I'm sure they waved a very large
> cheque at him to entice him over to the Dark Side.

Sure, I don't doubt you're right but to avoid another chastising from
Daniel I thought I'd try to avoid my usual withering sarcasm and just
provide some concrete evidence instead.*

MS is *run* by incompetent morons but I think it's a priori knowledge
that obviously it's impossible that every single engineer there is
rubbish. Server 2012r2 was *not* built by chimps... Or SQL Server. Or
System Centre. I could go on.

The Metro interface, Vista and Exchange on the other hand: yeah, fair
enough, there definitely weren't competent engineers on hand for that. I
have never known a single company manufacture products so far apart on
the brilliant/crap spectrum as Microsoft (well, maybe HP, but they
simply bought up all the good stuff they now own and then promptly
ruined all of it).

I should also point out that exactly one major software provider was
completely unaffected by the horrific heartbleed bug and guess who it was?

Regards

*which of course I have now ruined by commenting as well