[LUG] Use your RasPI to monitor your electricity meter

This is something I’ve been half-considering in the back of my mind, it just didn’t have a high enough “nice” to become a foreground task and actually get thought about properly.

I’m not sure how accurate this is – I’m sure it’s not good enough to complain to the electricity supplier if the bill differs, but an interesting idea:

http://mistertee-talks-electronics.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/using-raspberry-pi-as-energy-monitor.html

Now, if I just wrap enough cable around the incoming supply, I wonder if I can run the Pi off the induced current from the house….