Re: [LUG] linux child protection

On 31/03/14 02:28, Simon Waters wrote:
> On 28/03/14 14:32, Tom wrote:
>> As my daughters age the missuses requests for some kind of blocking
>> increases.
>> Any recommendations - pcs and android devices!
>
> There is no evidence of harmful effects from children who seek out porn,
> and watch it.
>
> It may be hard to convince your missus, but it doesn't matter if the

It might be "Dave" who needs convincing though :)

> method you choose is largely ineffective, because it simply doesn't

"Porn" is probably where these filters are most effective too. When it
comes to things like "extremism", "terrorism", etc the software is more
useful for discovering the biases of the people in charge of it than
anything else :)

> matter much.

Except for the false positives...