Re: [LUG] Rubbish Emails

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 11:07:19PM +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> The law enforcement agencies install their own server in the data
> centre and ask for a mirrored port on your switch.
>
> As for historical stuff... Well, they won't be monitoring live if
> they didn't already have some inkling of the history...

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that using POP rather than IMAP makes your
email significantly more protected against the prying eyes of the
powerful three- and four-letter agencies. But it's kind of a good
principle not to leave your stuff on other peope's computers (i.e. the
cloud) if not strictly necessary.

Martijn.

PS yes, I know you can run your own mail server in the cloud. (I do
that.)