[LUG] IMAP on Synology DS212j / Correct DNS Servers for same

Hi All,

Addressing the second part first. I seem to have screwed up the DNS settings in my NAS, the Synology DS212j, as it used to be able to download new packages to install with no problem. However, since I reconfigured my network it won't work. In a nutshell I set my Virginmedia Superhub to Modem Only mode and now use my Edimax router for internal network traffic which is then connected to the Superhub. In doing so I changed the Edimax' network properties to be identical to the Superhub as it saved me having to go around changing anything that pointed to a fixed IP address. That all works fine.

What does /not/ work is the NAS being able to connect to the Internet to download or update any packages and I'm 90% certain it's a DNS problem as I had it previously when I had accidentally put the wrong DNS settings in. The current network setup is:

Router:

Gateway: 192.168.0.1
DHCP range 192.168.0.2/20
0.2-0.6 are assigned to specific MAC addresses.

NAS:
Gateway: 192.168.0.1
Prim DNS: 194.168.4.100
Sec DNS:   194.168.8.100

I know these are the correct DNS servers /for Virgin/, a) I used to work for them so they're ingrained on my brain, b) They've worked as long as I've been a Virgin customer. However, are they the correct DNS settings for the NAS as it now has the router sat between it and the modem? I know it's a ridiculously simple question but I'm scratching my head.. what being out of tech support for ten years does for you :)

Once I have this sorted I can get onto the first part above, sorting out the IMAP server.

Any help gratefully received.

Kind regards,

Julian