Re: [LUG] Rubbish Emails

On 28/03/14 17:22, Neil Winchurst wrote:
I seem to be getting more rubbish emails recently. I do of course use a
junk filter which moves them to the relevant folder. Two or three times
a week I look through the folder to check if any good ones have slipped
through and then delete the rest.

I am just wondering, I suppose that all delete actually does is put a
flag on them so that they no longer show. Or are they really deleted?
What do other list members advise about this please?

Thanks

Neil

My guess is that it does the same as any other file, in that it marks the file as deleted. If however you subsequently compact the folders, assuming your email client allows that, then I assume the actual data would be overwritten.

Julian