Re: [LUG] Nvidia on Debian Testing

On 24/03/14 07:52, Henry Bremridge wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 09:28:06PM +0000, bad apple wrote:
>
>> This is why I universally recommend Intel graphics for Linux machines
>> now, unless they need serious graphical firepower.
>>
>> Good luck getting your nvidia drivers working again,
>>
> Oh Good. Someone else had the same problem I had. :)
>
> I will be following your advice and buying a new motherboard with intel
> graphics: the less I have to do with Nvidia the better

Graphics:  Card: NVIDIA GF119 [GeForce GT 520] X.Org: 1.15.0 driver:
nvidia Resolution: 1680x1050@xxxxxx
           GLX Renderer: GeForce GT 520/PCIe/SSE2 GLX Version: 4.4.0
NVIDIA 331.49

I have no problems here with the above using Debian unstable on my
personal gear.

Just a thought. Before you lash out money for a new motherboard did you
remember to install the appropriate kernel headers to build the nvidia
module?

I can highly recommend the following pages from the siduction manual for
Nvidia cards

http://manual.siduction.org/gpu#nvidia

Keith