Re: [LUG] Microsoft Outlook Alternatives

On 12/03/14 08:40, Martin Gautier wrote:

On 12/03/14 07:32, Henry Bremridge wrote:
I was looking at alternatives to Microsoft Outlook for a small business
(10-15 users), but running on Microsoft / Internet Explorer

-   Email required
-   To do list required
-   Group calendering
-   Calender access on smartphones

The only one that comes to mind is Evolution.

Does anyone have any experience with Evolution in an office environment?

Thunderbird is the only viable alternative to Outlook on Windows. There is a very good Calendar & Todo list plugin - Lightning.

If you have access to a Linux server, set up Sogo. That will give you group calendaring and syncing to mobiles.

If you need an email server too, I get best results from the Courier/Postfix stack but I actually use Citadel groupware in the office - it's a bit weird and quirky but does IMAP reasonably well (the groupware bits are a bit rubbish though)

Martin

You can connect thunderbird into your google mail and calenders which actually makes it pretty useful - you can use the web interface from most devices - even your fridge soon!
Tom te tom te tom