[LUG] LPIC qualifications

I’m someone who started out with a home PC running a Linux distro (or 5), but now I’m considering whether that’s something I can make more “official” (from a career point of view)

So, looking around I noticed the LPIC qualifications, but having started looking at a LPIC-1 book covering 101 & 102 exams, I’m now not sure whether the LPIC actually covers relevant technology any more… for example, it covers X10 fonts, xorg.conf, LILO, etc.

So, my question is – does anyone give any weight to an LPIC qualifications?

Thanks,

Steve