Re: [LUG] OT kindle app

I'm pretty sure you can't prevent an account from spending money once it's set up, but you can link the Kindle app to an Amazon account that doesn't have an credit card attached to it. This would allow you to download any free books via the kindle and not worry about any unauthorised spending.

There's some instructions here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/forum/kindle?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx3IRFCNF3E5K2W&cdThread=Tx3HJKUGLZXJBK

It's actually instructions for setting up a Kindle Fire, but all the important bits are what you do to the actual Amazon account. Then just link the kindle app to the creditcard-less account and you're good to go.