Re: [LUG] bbc mentions Exeter Pi Jam

On 23/02/14 09:53, Rob Beard wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Feb 2014 07:16:20 +0000, Tom <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england/devon/
>> at this moment has link to
>>
> http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/Exeter-Raspberry-Pi-jam/story-20684793-detail/story.html
>> Tom te tom te tom
> Interesting but...
>
> /me goes into average end user who has just picked up a Pi for their kids
> to use:
>
> "What's IRC?"
>
> I'm guessing the article on the Herald Express was written by someone on
> the list?
>
> Are we now able to submit stuff to the Herald Express ourselves without
> having one of their journos writing an article about it?
>
> Rob

Me is guilty,   sorry.  the lug website does explain IRC however.

You can set up an account on the website and then go to
http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/get-involved.html

You can sign in with facebook, twitter and g+,   it seems a bit of a
faff to do that but once it is set up just login and add content.

you can then write articles or create events etc, and comment on other
articles.

If people do that,  or at least comment it at least shows people are
reading the articles,  if you can do as one of the reporters did ,  she
commented and explained further what a raspberry pi is,   which was
helpful.

Paul

http://www.zleap.net

Torbay Raspberry Pi Jam  8th March 2014 - http://dcglug.drogon.net/torbay-pi-jam/

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and
expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.