Re: [LUG] file sharing with android phone and tablet

On Wed, 12 Feb 2014, Tom wrote:

Got a little linux server that the rest of my house use for file sharing. Wondering what Android app seems best for accessing it and how.

I use Astro File Maanger.

Seems to work OK with Samba Shares (as well as "Box", Google Drive, Dropbox, Facebook and SkyDrive, however I've not used any of those).

It's Ad supported (like most free android stuff)

Just tried it with Google Drive. "just works". Shame there isn't a Linux desktop interface to it like Dropbox.

Gordon