Re: [LUG] Clipboard history

Good question. It seems to struggle copying between "console" and GUI. However, here, middle-click has been my saviour (at least copying into gVim and Kate in Vim mode), allowing me to copy into Vim from other GUI apps.
I find this clipboard mismatch rather frustrating, so will be following this thread for any compute solutions.
What's up with this two clipboard thing anyway? I guess "console's" came first, why couldn't X's have built of that?

Adrian Midgley <amidgley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does it handle both clipboards?

From Dr Adrian Midgley's hand