Re: [LUG] Fwd: Link Removal Request

On 03/02/14 19:43, Paul Sutton wrote:
Hi

I have been sent the following message.

1. I have no idea if this is spam
2. no idea how to find the link
3. it seems threatening
4. As far as I am aware i never added a link to them.

can anyone help please

Paul

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Link Removal Request
Date:   Mon, 3 Feb 2014 15:43:18 +0000
From:   Connie Fallon <conniefalon@xxxxxxxxx>
To:     zleap@xxxxxxxxx

Hello

I recently received notice from Google that my website has been
penalised after they "detected unnatural links" pointing to my website,
http://www.displaysense.co.uk/. The only way that Google will consider
placing my website back in their index is by getting these links removed
and to do this I really need your help.

Please can you remove any link to www.displaysense.co.uk
<http://www.displaysense.co.uk> on http://www.dcglug.org.uk/

Failure to remove the link would require me to file a "Disavow Links"
report with Google. My concern is that if I submit your site in this
report to Google, they may "flag" your site as "Spammy" or otherwise not
in compliance with their guidelines. The last thing I want is to have
another webmaster go through this issue.

Your prompt attention to this matter, along with a confirmation that the
link has been removed, would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the hassle and thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards

Connie Falon

It looks like some kind of reverse logic advertising. I wouldn't reply to it at all - if you are bored you could wget or curl the website and do a search to see if there is a link that has been added somehow.
Tom te tom te tom