Re: [LUG] OT: sms app for Nexus 5

On Fri, 31 Jan 2014, Daniel Robinson wrote:

On Jan 29, 2014 3:58 PM, "Gordon Henderson" <gordon+lug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014, Simon Avery wrote:

 handcent is the best I've found. I used "Go SMS" which although well
featured, was quite spammy in advertising.

Having said that, returning to the jellybean default might work for me as
no longer need individual sms tones.

Nexus 5 runs Kitkat and Hangouts *is* the default SMS app. (and only one
installed at new)

OK Google, show me SMS apps.

And it suggests "Go SMS" ...

I like whats app. Great for sms and file sharing.
It if free for the first year then .69p pa after.

It's good, but WhatsApp doesn't do SMS. You can only send messages using WhatsApp to other WhatsApp users.

Via their servers in the US, of-course. If that bothers you.

Gordon