Re: [LUG] Wifi Dongle

On 17/01/14 12:19, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jan 2014, Neil Winchurst wrote:

I may need to use my desktop computer using wifi to link to the
internet, for a while in the near future.

The machine does not have an inbuilt wireless card so I am told that I
could use a wifi USB dongle. I have had a look around and it seems
that some of them do not work well with Linux.

Can anyone advise me on something suitable please? If it is relevant
the desk top is running Xubuntu 12.04.

Look for one that works with the Raspberry Pi. Then it's guaranteed to
work with an x86 Linux box.

I have one of these:

http://thepihut.com/products/usb-wifi-adapter-for-the-raspberry-pi

Gordon

Thanks. The price is reasonable, so I have ordered one. I had never considered getting something aimed at the Raspberry Pi. Will let you know how it works out.

Neil