[LUG] FOG backup services - notathome servers.

With all the mentions of home servers I thought I'd mention something - a while back the company I worked for hosted a machine for another company, who did the same and it was in a DMZ so the other company could access it over the internet and use it for remote backups, ditto us at their site. It should be possible to do the same for each other - hosting a remotely accessible VM where the host site knows nothing of the encryption setup and in the event of a disaster you could get the host site to meet you down the pub for data recovery purposes, as would the initial disk be handed over- along with some form of recognition of ownership of the said device so the host cant be forced to hand over keys they don't know by big bully. Need a form of social-contract - i.e. not hammering the living daylights out of someone's bandwidth out of agreed working hours and other TOS. Ludicrous idea or worth looking into formalising an RFC? Should be expandable to SME's wot with all the flooding we've been having!
Tom te tom te om