Re: [LUG] photo enlarging

On 22/12/13 18:37, Julian Hall wrote:

> On 22/12/13 18:31, Brad Rogers wrote:
>> On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 18:06:06 +0000
>> Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Paul,
>>
>>> any suggestions, maybe there is a piece of software out there that can
>>> do this.
>> Once you've scanned the image, look at "Scale" in the xsane viewer's
>> menus.  Or scan at a higher resolution - that often makes the scanned
>> image larger than the original, but without the inherent drawbacks of
>> scaling up a lower resolution image (jaggies).
>>
>> Failing any (or all) of the above, Gimp can do what you want.  In fact,
>> you can scan from within Gimp if you have the right plugins installed.
>> Even Gwenview (KDE image viewer) can resize images.  No doubt there are
>> plenty of other viewers that can, too.
>>

> Another way is to scan at high resolution, then in the software - GIMP
> etc, reduce the Print Size dpi.  It doesn't affect the image, provided
> you don't reduce it too much of course, but will result in a larger
> physical image.
>
> Julian

Ok done, thanks

Results are on the dcglug website resource page.  Breadboard diagram.

Paul
<http://www.jprmarketing.co.uk/marketing/costa-branches-out-into-sponsorship>

http://www.zleap.net

Torbay Raspberry Pi Jam 11th Jan 2014 - http://dcglug.drogon.net/torbay-pi-jam/

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and
expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.