[LUG] problems with Youtube videos

I have mentioned this before. When I try to watch a video on my desktop or laptop, sometimes the playback just stops and there is just a message "An error occurred, please try again later." If I leave it for a while sometimes it will start again, but with sound only.

This problem seems to be random, that is I can try again later and sometimes it is OK and sometimes it has the same problem. Other times I can log on and try to watch a video and it just works. The time of day does not seem to be relevant.

At first I was blaming my computers. However I have just returned from a short visit to my daughter (five days). I took the laptop and used it every day with no problems at all. Different ISP, different router, of course. (My download speeds at home are normally anything from 10 to 12 Mb/s. My daughter lives out in the country and her speeds are about 4.5 Mb/s, if that is relevant.)

Now I am back home again and, yes, same problem. It could well be that if I try again later on all will be well, or possibly the same problem will occur.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Neil