Re: [LUG] using spare bt home hubs as repeaters?

On 16 Dec 2013, at 20:32, Tom <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A friend has moved to an old house and is having problems with wireless. He has a
> spare bt hub. Can he use this as a repeater? If so any idea where I can locate
> some really simple instructions as he plays dumb and I don't want to have to drive
> there!

Had bitter experience with the third version of BT Home Hub, which was that it
doesn't allow repeaters, when the first two versions did. So be warned "Home Hub" is
a brand not a device.

Don't waste your effort, check the router he has works with a repeater, and get him
to buy a compatible device.

Really life if too short, they are now cheap, and the roaming will work properly.

Alternatively look in the box for the new router and see if it came with an antenna
(depending what it is), or antenna connection, see if small antenna sorts the issues.