Re: [LUG] FreeBSD will no longer use Intel or Via hardware random number generators

On 11/12/13 14:02, Philip Hudson wrote:
> http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/12/we-cannot-trust-intel-and-vias-chip-based-crypto-freebsd-developers-say/

It will probably surprise nobody that this has already been taken care
of in OpenBSD: they never feed hardware PRNG data directly into
anything, always passing it through their own PRNGs instead. They've had
support for RDRAND since 5.2 I believe.

It amazes me how often bugs, hacks or unexpected issues like this turn
up across multiple operating systems and the OpenBSD guys always shrug
and just say, yeah, we knew that would be a problem so it got taken care
of a couple of years ago in our system. Don't worry about it.

Still nothing like it for security.

Regards