Re: [LUG] New Laptop

On Mon, 2013-12-02 at 14:23 +0000, Neil Winchurst wrote:

> However, unlike most such companies, they will let you specify no OS and
> reduce the price accordingly. You also have a lot of choice with the
> configuration. If anyone has found another such place I would like to
> hear about it.

I was looking at Lonovo's own web site (http://www.lenovo.com/uk/en/)
last night, and they allow you to change the configuration (with an
indication of how much the new config costs). You have to drill down to
the actual laptop spec, and then click on the 'select' button. After
that you can change the CPU, disk(s), memory etc. It was quite easy to
run up an expensive laptop but very high spec :-) Downside is that it
does come with Windows 8, and I have no idea about their own support.

John.

--
John Horne                   Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287
Plymouth University, UK      Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001