[LUG] Open Office and files locked by other user

Hi All,

As you (probably) know I'm dual-booting Mint and Windows 7 at the moment, and every file created in Windows 7 - e.g. Word document or Excel spreadsheet - I open in Open Office claims the file is locked by another user and I only have choices of Read Only or opening a Copy. Is it treating my Windows user as the owner of the documents and refusing to grant me R/W privileges, and if so how can I fix it?

Kind regards,

Julian