Re: [LUG] yum curl error [14]

On 06/11/13 20:54, Kevin Lucas wrote:
HI all
Does anyone use Yum?

I have in on a new x86_64 mobo with Fedora 18 and get constantly
http://mirror.arlug.ro/pub/fedora/linux/releases/18/Everything/x86_64/os/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] curl#6 - "Could not resolve host: mirror.arlug.ro; Name or service not
known"
this is repeated for all the mirrors ad inf...

Dns is OK and I can ping all of them.
I have yum cleaned all  /updated etc but to no avail.

Tinkering as you do I tried the plugins Enable / disable to no avail but
when I changed exectarch from 1 to 0 in yum.conf all is working ok

is this risky?

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum/$basearch/$releasever
keepcache=0
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
exactarch=0
obsoletes=1
gpgcheck=1
plugins=1
installonly_limit=3

exactarch=1 means that you want the exact architecture of your currently installed packages. So have you installed a strange version? The above link in the curl error works for me so does it for you? Is there a proxy getting in the way?
Tom te tom te tom