Re: [LUG] User Agent Switching

On 24.08.2013 11:26, Henry Bremridge wrote:
Running Debian Testing, Iceweasel

In the last couple of weeks I have been having problems logging into sites
eg
GotoMeeting
Airdroid

to name but two
My suspicion is that this is because Iceweasel is the browser. I certainly have flash running and other sites appear.

I have been playing around with setting the user agents

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/user-agent-switcher/
http://www.useragentstring.com/pages/useragentstring.php
http://www.zytrax.com/tech/web/browser_ids.htm

And still seem to have problems getting Airdroid to work

(yes there is a simple way to get it working: call up the screen www.web.airdroid.com and scan the QR code) but it is irritating

Any suggestions?

I have no problem with airdroid in firefox, 192.168..... I doubt it's the user-agent, but just guessing. However it is true that bits of airdroid functionality only work well with chrome, maybe chromium also if you want the de-googled version.