[LUG] Memory stick not recognised

I have three USB memory sticks,[1] a Lexar cheapo, [2] a Corsair Flash Voyager and [3] a Kingston DataTraveller. When I slot them into my desk top computer they all three work, that is they are recognised, mounted and then the file manager (Thunar, I am using Xubuntu) is opened, showing the relevant page.

I also have a laptop. When I try the sticks on that the first two work as expected. However no [3] is simply not found. If I open Thunar and look at the media folder it is empty. I have Googled about this, so far without success. Can anyone come up with any ideas about this please?

Thanks

Neil