[LUG] Completely lock down on virtual consoles on supend

Hi, everyone.

So, I would like to know if anybody has a solution to lock down all virtual consoles after resume from suspend.

Currently I have physlcok set in my /etc/systemd/system/resume@service & it does lock all virtual consoles including X-Windows. However, on resume, there is 10 to 15 seconds where my modifier keys are inactive (which are set with xmodmap). I tried making a service file to call xmodmap ~/. Xmodmap on resume but to no avail.
I also tried running that xmodmap command in a terminal emulator in X immediately on resume from suspend, after having entered my password is physlcok, but modifier keys are still unrecognised after resume for those 10 - 15 seconds.

All other locks I tried calling only lock the graphical console & with keyboard shortcuts I am still able to change to other virtual consoles. Even xtrlock, which claims to lock down the keyboard until a user's password is entered correctly, responds to ctrl + alt + F1/2/... Allowing someone to simply jump to a different virtual console & go crazy.

The problem is most of the lockers are lockers for X only.

Vlock gives the same modifier key delay behaviour as physlcok.

Is it just me or is this ridiculously insecure? What do others use to lock there session on resume from suspend?

I really don't want to give up on xmodmap as I like my modified key layout. But I am also frustrated by this modifier key response delay on resume.

Banging my head against the wall i have decided it would at least be more secure (and more convenient, for the most part) to disable the console switcher keyboard commands, lock the X session with something like xtrlock & switch between virtual consoles with chvt at the command line when required. This way, on resume X is looked and the only way to switch virtual consoles would be through a terminal emulator in X. Providing security & instant use of my modified keyboard layout. But, it seems an inelegant solution, + I don't know how to disable those keyboard shortcuts.

Any ideas/solutions?

Cheers.

Mike.