Re: [LUG] SSH key management

On 15 Aug 2013, at 18:42, Mark Evans <mpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I tend to use this or the "If Mark was thinking he backed up the
> /etc/ssh first" method.

Good idea, but things are more dynamic in the new work environment because we do a
lot of testing, experimental builds, and things are getting more dynamic. My
colleague will create a new server just to check out an alleged bug or oddity in an
OS, rather than mess with existing systems.

We need to get better at this as well. It was taking 2 hours to build a 3 server
test environment with all software and services installed and configured. We are now
using snapshots to reduce that. But we need to get smarter since we have no template
capability in the snapshots, and it would be desirable to build them from clean OS
each time as it is easier to apply patches and keep clean that way, and proves we
still can do it as well - thus proving our build scripts are valid.