Re: [LUG] Printer sharing

On 12/08/13 11:49, Neil Winchurst wrote:
I have spent a lot of time trying to find an answer to this, but no joy, so over to the list.

Main computer, desktop running Xubuntu 12.04
Laptop running Xubuntu 13.04.
Printer HP Photosmart 5520, linked to the desktop via USB.

Printer works fine on the desktop, including scanning. I have set up sharing on both computers. When I try to print from the laptop it finds the right printer at the right location. The icon includes a tick. But when I try to print something it says 'getting printer information' and just sticks there.

Sometimes I get a message box on screen telling me that the printer 'seems to be disconnected'.

I am baffled, if anyone can suggest where to look next ...???

Neil

have you tried http://ipofmaincomputer:631 - that should get you into the cups interface to have a play around
Tom te tom te tom