Re: [LUG] Simple photoblog

On 2.08.2013 13:57, Kai Hendry wrote:
Put your photos on a NAS and browse them with http://www.raspbmc.com/
on a HDMI TV?

you could look at the "Export to HTML" feature in digikam. You end up with thumbnails and individual photo pages which can then be uploaded and linked to a homepage (just upload the top directory and link to "http://mysite/mypics/index.html";). It's pretty simple to edit the pages just to add a paragraph of text.

There is a choice of page styles, you have a small amount of control over image size and quality, page colour and so on, and I think one of the styles may have pre-formatted tables for comments (not sure on this), but it's really only a matter of

or whatever. One of the formats will certainly display the EXIF data in a table if your relatives are concerend to know what f-stop you used etc................... I like the "floating cards" style personally.

Simon