Re: [LUG] sky force MS to rename skydrive

On 02/08/13 10:07, tom wrote:
> On 02/08/13 09:48, lug@xxxxxx wrote:
>> On Thu, 01 Aug 2013 17:58:17 +0100, Dan Dart <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> So what's Sky's SkyDrive then?
>>> We know one can't just TM the word "sky"...
>>>
>> IANAL but I think it isn't so much that Sky have a SkyDrive in the
>> works more that people will be confused and think that SkyDrive is a
>> Sky product, because you know how dumb we all are...
>>
>> Kevin
>>
> Its a good job you cant trademark numbers cos soon that's all that
> will be available to us.
> Tom te tom te tom

Just think how much money could be spent on R&D if they stopped all this
trademark of every day words,  not to mention the billions spent on
software patent litigation.  I am saying billions as there does seem to
be a lot of money involved in all this.

Paul

http://www.zleap.net

Software freedom day event - 21st September 2013  - http://exeter.lug.org.uk/

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and
expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.