[LUG] Chocolatey

This is *not* off-topic.

I was experimenting with some new (open source) MS tools today for a
client, including the new Katana* project for OWIN, etc when one of the
.NET gurus from the dev team grabbed me and said "you're going to love
this..." We've had many a friendly banter previously about the relative
merits of different operating systems and despite being a full-on
Microsofty himself, he does at least have a good sense of good humour.
And what he showed me was this:

"Chocolatey NuGet - kind of like apt-get, but for Windows" **

Holy mother of god, it does truly seem to be an apt-like tool for
Windows - I've only just got back in but I'll be firing up some VMs to
test this immediately.

I would suggest to all the other sysadmins out there who have to deal
with Windows regularly that this could be the single coolest tool in the
arsenal for years, *if* it works properly.

I'll let you know how I get on, if anyone cares.

Regards

* http://katanaproject.codeplex.com/documentation
** https://github.com/chocolatey/chocolatey/wiki