Re: [LUG] Parallella - Raspberri Pi on steroids.

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013, tom wrote:

Well not quite but for $99 you get two 1Ghz ARM cores and 16 fp cores that will do 32GFLops at a push and all for 5W.

Meant to say; The Pi's GPU will do 24GFLops - and one day we'll be able to program it..... However as someone who's worked for massively parallel computer companies in the past, all I'll say is: It aint going to be easy... There's no magic wand when it comes to this stuff - the compilers will help, but unless you design the algorithms to parallelise then you're not going to get much use out of it, no matter how many cores you throw at it.

Gordon