Re: [LUG] Parallella - Raspberri Pi on steroids.

On 29/07/13 17:02, Paul Sutton wrote:
On 29/07/13 16:43, tom wrote:
Well not quite but for $99 you get two 1Ghz ARM cores and 16 fp cores
that will do 32GFLops at a push and all for 5W.
I joined the kickstarter and should get two of these soon and was
wondering what to do with them. They come loaded with Ubuntu and I'm
thinking they might pair up very nicely with the Pi (does the B have
Gbit ethernet???)
I reckon for £200 you can now get a supercomputer on your telly!
http://www.parallella.org/

Any ideas - I just feel this is the sort of thing to make kids utter
expletives of joy.
Tom te tom te tom

This was reviewed in the latest linux user and developer I think or the
previous issue as  a new one has come out since then, all you need is
something to do with a cluster.   data to crunch,  any ideas ?

Paul

Paul

It seems from Gordons post the Pi is only 100M internet. But even that is fast enough for the parallella to do some pretty crazy graphics calculations so perhaps there’s an opengl game out there that can be hacked into it perhaps?
I'd really like some explosion simulation software or something...
Tom te tom te tom