Re: [LUG] Lightweight WM memory usage comparison

On 09/07/13 09:01, Philip Hudson wrote:
I'm sure this will be of interest to several other people. FWIW, I favor ratpoison for my own use.

https://l3net.wordpress.com/2013/04/09/a-memory-comparison-of-light-linux-desktops-part-2/

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63

I'd forgotten about FVWM - remember running that on a 16MHz 80386 with 4MB ram. Cant remember what the graphics was but I had an SVGA screen with a doubled up virtual screen and I could sometimes get a cup of tea while shifting the screen, but most of the time it was pretty quick. It took about 16 hours to compile the kernel but I remember being gobsmacked at all the packages for it. I think it was Slackware though I did start with Yggdrassil.
Tom te tom te tom