Re: [LUG] OT surveillance

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 14:39:40 +0100
Philip Hudson <phil.hudson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Philip,

>MPs can and do get things done, knock heads together, scare the

I'll say:- My sister in law had some serious(1) back trouble a few years
ago.  No amount of trips to the doctor or hospital was getting her
anywhere.  My father in law buttonholed the local MP when he was doing
some campaigning in the area.  My sister in law was in hospital the next
day, and her spine was operated upon the day after.

(1)  She couldn't stand straight; couldn't walk properly, merely shuffle
sideways, any movement was painful.  She was like this for so long that,
after the operation she was astounded at how tall she'd become.  Of
course, she wasn't /really/ taller, it's just that she had spent so long
crouched over to avoid excessive pain, having to look up to almost
everyone she'd forgotten what it was like to look people in the eye.

--
 Regards  _
The deadbeats and the dispossessed, the seekers of unlikeliness