Re: [LUG] OT surveillance

On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 18:42:11 +0100
Martijn Grooten <sweetwatergeek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Martijn,

>On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 5:01 PM, bad apple wrote:
>> 2: SSL is a red herring - the relevant agencies already have all CA
>> keys through escrow or can force disclosure at will.
>Could you expand on this? For I believe that with the CA signing keys,

I think what bad apple means is that most people will think that SSL
protects their data and, by extension themselves, whilst online.  In
that belief, they're wrong, because NSA/GCHQ have easy access already,
or can get if they want it.  IOW, SSL merely creates the *illusion* of
security.

--
 Regards  _
It's your life so go your own way