Re: [LUG] Debian 7 and sudo

On 14 Jun, 2013, at 10:51 am, Steven Côté wrote:

add a little info for all the people saying that 'su'
was the command he was looking for. In this case, it really isn't. Calling su without any parameters switches the user to root (su = Switch User).
That's why you provide root's password when using it.

For my part, I didn't explain all that because I expected Neil to go straight to the man page and find out about `su -c'

This whole thread really is an RTFM once you've given the clues 'su' and 'gksu'.

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63