[LUG] Laptops with linux

This may be of passing interest. I'm in in Sofia, Bulgaria at the moment and just took a wander around Technopolis, a sort of PC World/Comet type store in one of the local malls. A good third of the laptops on offer had Ubuntu installed on them, whatever the spec or the brand, Dell, Lenovo, Samsung, Assus etc. The net books seemed to be packaged with Mint Cinnamon. Guess the extra cost of Windows tax means a lot around here.

And yesterday when the guy turned up to install the internet and asked to use my laptop, Mint Cinnamon, to finalize the connection he didn't blink an eye and knew exactly what to open and how. So unlike o2 who, if you tell them your OS, will often tell you it cannot be expected to work....

Simon