Re: [LUG] Packaging Firefox Nightly for Debian

Doesn't Nightly update itself anyway? If you're looking at distributing a Nightly build top other machines, would it not be worth looking at an alternative distribution method - maybe rsync from a single updated Nightly?

Grant

----- Reply message -----
From: "bad apple" <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx>
To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LUG] Packaging Firefox Nightly for Debian
Date: Fri, Jun 7, 2013 19:38

Has anybody managed to do this?

I've got a lot of packaging experience and this is the one program that
stubbornly resists every attempt, partly due to it's odd build
structure. Checkinstall/FPM aren't nearly up to the task, but I can't
even get a regular 'Debianized' build process to work either via
dh_make, control files, etc.

Currently I have to distribute a firefox-blah.tar.bz which is ok, but
not as neat as a *.deb out of a repo.

Anyone?

Regards