Re: [LUG] ADSL Woes

On 08/06/13 05:34, Daniel Robinson wrote:

> They say it is his pc that is slowing down his internet connection! I
> was hoping those in the know to take a peek for any abnormalities.

So try another one.

Switch out all the gear in-house - router - ethernet cables - PC - with
known good kit (i.e. neighbours kit who is getting good speeds).

Either all at once or sequentially with cold reboots in between.

That the router makes a decent connection, suggests the cable to the
router from the phone connection is probably sound, suspect the rest.

My uncle had similar issue, it turned out to be a wonky connection in an
ethernet cable destroying his speeds.

Seen a similar issue with the ethernet port on the router (it had 4, 3
were fine the one in use was borked, has to be the easiest fix for a
problem, moving the cable to the next port on the box but it took a
while to get to that point).