Re: [LUG] Flat-file database

Hi Phil,

Yes I have considerable experience in flat-file
databases,
mostly working in DOS. Please contact me off-
list and we
can take it from there.

Regards etc,
Ray.

<list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subj: [LUG] Flat-file database

want to create a simple single-flat-file database and I'm
having a
>surprisingly difficult time finding any FLOSS
software to do it.

>The aim is to move away from
L/OOffice Calc (the spreadsheet) as this
>has proved far
too error-prone, and user education has repeatedly

>failed to improve matters. I need to ensure that each
record is
>isolated and encapsulated in the UI.
>

>Unfortunately, it turns out that L/OOffice Base (the
"database"
>module) only supports flat files (both
spreadsheet and CSV) as read-
>only datasources -- for
mail merges etc. (It also has the most
>unintuitive, ill-
designed forms builder I've ever seen. The whole
>module
reeks of developer-designed-UI).

Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz