Re: [LUG] Plymouth: Venue suggestions?

On 15/05/13 11:44, Dave Foxcroft wrote:
On 14/05/2013 21:36, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:
Last month I discovered that the venue I had pegged for a regular, GLUG
social meeting in Plymouth was about to undergo a facelift - changing from
a cafe to a cafe-cum-hair-salon (which, if you ask me, is a bit of an odd
mix).

So, I'm on the lookout for a new venue for social meetings. For more
structured "talks" yay down the line, I'm happy to look into booking one of
Plymouth's libraries.

I would ideally like to go with a cafe style setup that has good food and
drinks, preferably WiFi availability and (a personal thing) I would like it
to be a "local business" (ie not a chain or franchise).

I'm currently looking at Barista Brothers. I believe it is a franchisee but
the franchise is Plymouth-based anyway (I think). It is in the city centre.

I'm open to suggestions.

Incidentally, the next scheduled Plymouth meeting is 25/05/13.

Grant.

Hi Grant,

Plymouth Uni?.. It might be worth asking if they would allow somewhere that could be used...they can only say no!

Dave

+ 1; perhaps contact the computer societies. I think we have had some of their members turn up at lug meets previously....

roly :-)