Re: [LUG] Filtering files on size then shrinking the big ones to target size

Compression for JPEG with a given quality factor depends on the original image. So I
believe it will always be a suck it and see unless your images are fairly uniform in
nature to start with. We push photos through with quality factor 75 with imagemagick
iirc as the default for photos to web images and results generally satisfactory.
High contrast patterns the main pain, but I think we get away with 75 for fabric
weave photos. Architectural photos also tricky as inclined to have repeating
patterns, the eye picks out the changes in these so quickly.