Re: [LUG] IP Masquerading with load-balancing over two connections

On Wed, 29 May 2013, Rob Beard wrote:

Hi folks,

I'm trying to setup load balancing over two ADSL connections on a Linux box with IP Masquerading and I seem to be hitting a dead-end and I wondered if anyone could help?

I've got a desktop PC with 3 network cards running Debian 7.

eth0 is attached to the local lan and has an IP address of 192.168.0.1
eth1 is attached to the first ADSL router and has an IP address of 192.168.10.1 and the gateway of the ADSL modem is 192.168.10.254 eth2 is attached to the second ADSL router and has an IP address of 192.168.20.1 and the gateway of the ADSL modem is 192.168.20.254

I'm able to set the default route to either the connection on eth1 or eth2 and I can traceroute out to sites. However this is where I get a bit stuck...

You need the LARTC

http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html

There's more to it than that, but that might get you started.

Gordon