Re: [LUG] info on building GNU toolchain

On 28/05/13 16:55, bad apple wrote:
On 28/05/13 10:45, tom wrote:
Are there any good books out there on the GNU toolchain as I'm going
to have a go at building the fortran compiler for this parallella board.
I could do it blindfold 20 years ago but ....
Tom te tom te tom

Do you actually *need* a Fortran compiler? Just curious...

Most scientific stuff is in fortran. There is f2c but I'm not convinced...
I'm interested in getting Elmer running on it and most of that is in fortran. Like most languages, given time, it develops all the bits anyone wants or needs.
Tom te tom te tom